Here are some warning signs that embezzlement might be occurring:
* Unusual bad-debt write-offs could be covering up a fraudulent scheme.
* Profit declines and increases in expenses could be a sign that cash is being siphoned off illegitimately.
* A decline or unusually small increase in sales could mean that sales are not being recorded.
* Bounced business checks could indicate that funds are being siphoned out of your bank account.
* An increase in overall sales returns might mean a concealment of A/R payments.
* Inventory shortages could indicate fictitious purchases, unrecorded sales, or employee pilferage.
* Slow collections can hide embezzlement.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.